Sunday, July 12, 2009

More Flowers, Are You Sick Of Them Yet?

Well everything but the Lily's in the North Garden are done blooming now, and they've only just got buds on them! So saying there will be a pic of them when they open up :) Just so you know, all my pics should be clickable for enlarging should you be interested!

The rest of these are more pics of the flowers in the south beds as well as my mint patch which I hadn't taken pictures of up till now. The patch doesn't look so pretty at the moment, after taking the pic Silv when and cut them all down. Whoohoo, now I have fresh mint leaves for tea, yay, I do love fresh mint tea!


Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I have gnomes running around my gardens. Trouble is, as soon as they realize you're looking at them, they freeze. I've never been able to get an actual action shot of them, oh well, perhaps next time *shrugs shoulders*


Last year I only had one bloom on my peonies bush, lucky me, this year I have two! Sorry for the blurry photos though guys, don't know what's wrong with me to take such icky pic's :(


Ah Poppies, lovely flowers. Not a perennial, true, but they sure do reseed themselves from year to year! This one just decided to come up in this bed on it's own this year. Up till now I've only had them along my fence line further south than this particular bed is. Soon I'll have some pics of the actual Poppy Bed which also has some Virginia Creeper in it.

Yep, that's my rain barrel peeking out from behind the Lily's alright! As for the Lily's, well, I know, I took the pic after the first blooms were already done. But no worries, I still have 2 or 3 other kinds of Lily's that need to bloom, they're all budding now, so it shouldn't take much longer for them!


Ah yes, the Day Lily's, a new bloom every day. Sadly they only last a day, but at least there's always at least one fresh bloom all summer long! Yep, another little Gnome, kinda cute though, don't ya think?


Have you ever seen Geraniums like this? I never have prior to my mom's having given them to me. They bloom all summer and are really quite pretty. Trouble is, these things don't quit, I mean, once they start blooming, they take over the whole yard! I have 2 that I want to keep, they lie on either side of the Poppy Bed, this one is to the left and to the left of it is the mint patch. To the right of the other one, is the corner bed where there are a bunch of Day Lily's that have bloomed today for the first time as well as the Peonies and some Irises that haven't bloomed yet. Oh yes, I can't forget all the Pansies aka Johnny Jump-Up's that are in that corner bed along with being in the bed up against the south wall of my house!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures Skye. Not bored of flowers here yet and I like your little man there. It is nice to see all the flowers growing and the times that they grow. Lovely fresh mint for tea and cooking with! have a cup for me and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John, you bet I'll have a cup for you, and one for me as well, how's that!?! :) Thanks for the compliments and you're welcome. I must admit, I do like my flower beds. One of these day's soon though, I'll have to take a pic of my Hen-'n'-Chick that's blooming. I don't know if they will open up more or not, but it sure is interesting to see it in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sick of them, I love flowers, I have got to get motivated and get some flowers on my blog.
    btw with regard to your gnomes, did you see the story about the man who made the gnome but got in trouble because apparently it was doing the hitler salute??

    This was in germany where apparently it is illegal to do the hitler salute???

    Maybe it is copyrighted?? lol
    I'll see if I can find a link, hang on.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/news/2009/07/090721_nazi_gnome_et_sl.shtml

    apparently germany came to their senses and decided to not pursue charges.

    seems a good decision, because the whole thing seemed really stupid.
    here is a link to the article on the decision
    http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/278506,germany-drops-case-against-heil-hitler-garden-gnome.html

    I don't want to offend anyone, but, do they have nothing better to do in Germany then waste money on this nonsense?

    total non-issue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links and info Penny! I think I know which gnome you're talking about, I used to have one like the one I believe you're speaking of. Trouble is, it broke while I was moving here :( I'll be going to check these links out a.s.a.p.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn those freezing gnomes and their tom-foolery. I just wrote a post that made me think of this blog... not that I'm guilting you into reading it or anything ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my way Brazen, no guilt incurred either :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey skye!

    haven't seen you about, thought I would say HI, and hope all is going well for you.
    your little one will soon be back at school?
    it is a busy time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Penny, yeah, I've been very busy! Been putting in a lot of hours at work not to mention getting all the school supplies and buying a car! Car part is taken care of, now to get the kid off to school, too bad the first day isn't till Sept. 10th...lol.

    ReplyDelete

I've started to moderate comments so that if someone wishes to post something private they don't want shared, they can. So feel free to speak your mind, and share your thoughts with me.